Choosing the right filter is not as complicated as it may seem. The toughest decision is to go with a DE filter or a cartridge filter. Here is a breakdown of both so you can make the decision for yourself.
- Filters to the smallest particle of all filters (5 microns).
- Grids cost about $10.00 – $15.00 a piece & you need a total of 8.
- Grids can last 10-20 years if cleaned regularly.
- Easy to clean. Just hose it off on the grass. (Some say it makes a mess)
- Have to add DE every time you backwash or clean the filter.
- Not as messy to clean as DE filters.
- Never have to add DE.
- Cartridges cost anywhere from $60.00 to $100.00 a piece and you usually need 4.
- Cartridges last about 4 or 5 years.
- Water does not look as clear as DE Filters.
- A Cartridge filter is easier to take apart and clean than a DE filter.